for more than $87,000in mine shaft sell 19th-century Levi’s jeans found

0
35
more than $87,000 found 19th-century Levi's jeans (1)

Levi’s pants from the 1880s for more than $87,000.An auction in a small New Mexico hamlet saw the sale of a pair Hautner, 23, and Zip Stevenson, a seasoned trader in vintage denim.”We didn’t have any plans to buy the jeans together until the auction started, which is kind of insane.”which included a 15% buyer’s premium, was $87,400, making them one of the most expensive pairs of jeans ever sold.

for more than $87,000in mine shaft sell 19th-century Levi’s jeans found
for more than $87,000in mine shaft sell 19th-century Levi's jeans found

Stevenson supplied the final 10%, with Hautner covering the remaining 90%.In particular, in this wonderful worn condition and size, he told CNN, “These jeans are incredibly unusual.”has looked in at least 50 abandoned mines for five years and has not found a pair of equivalent quality.”but they are kept in museums because they are too fragile to wear.”A ‘headliner’ that could compete with the musical artists I hired was required.

for more than $87,000in mine shaft sell 19th-century Levi’s jeans foundfor more than $87,000in mine shaft sell 19th-century Levi's jeans found

I was aware that these jeans would be really popular, Eaton told CNN.”I’ve been in this industry for 25 years now.””It was super fun to see them sell live to floor bidders,” he said.

 

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here