- Since January 26, 2021, Janet Louise Yellen, an economist from the United States.
- has held the position of secretary of the treasury in the country.
- She was previously the 15th chair of the Federal Reserve from 2014 to 2018.
- She is a Democrat.
- born on August 13th, 1946 (age 76), in Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Education: Pembroke College at Brown University (1963–1967), Yale University (1971), and more
- George Akerlof’s spouse (m. 1978)
- Robert Akerlof’s kids
- United States of Americ
What credentials does Janet Yellen possess?
- Yellen earned a Ph. D. in economics from Yale University and a summa cum laude from Brown University in 1967. (1971).
- At Harvard University, she later worked as an assistant professor of economics.
How much does Janet Yellen make?
- In accordance with a Federal filing made public in December 2020, Janet made $7 million from about 50 speaking engagements between 2018 and 2020.
What is said about the economy by Janet Yellen?
- Despite increasing prices and concerns of a recession, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen asserts that “our economy remains resilient.” Yellen’s comments are available in the player above.
- “Most economists and most Americans agree that a recession is defined by significant job losses and widespread layoffs.